Occasionally a little motivation is all you need to get your
“self confidence” started for your day, or to get you
through your day.
It’s amazing how an uplifting quote or inspirational story can completely change your day, and sometimes your life. One quote that touches your heart or reminds you of your dreams can inspire steps that would otherwise remain untaken and stir new perspectives on life and possibilities.
"CleverQuotes" was created to spread inspiration through something small, on a large scale. Though I realize that there are tons of other ‘quote websites,’ on the internet, my "CleverQuotes" is a place where you’ll always find a wealth of inspiring, motivating and insightful quotes, that I thoughtfully chosen with you and your dreams in mind.
With that, here’s some motivation for your day! When you’re done, share it with those you want to motivate.
This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from suggested companies. I recommend products that I use and love myself or that I think would be a helpful resource for you. Using these affiliate links to make your purchase helps to keep The "CleverQuotes" website, running. Thank You.
Top Ten Reasons We Should Learn to Laugh a Whole Lot More
1. Laughter causes deep muscle relaxation. If you have ever laughed so hard that you've wet your pants, you know what I am talking about.
2. Laughter reduces stress. In addition to our bodies physically relaxing, we may forget our troubles, even if only temporarily.
3. Laughter has health benefits. When we laugh, our blood pressure and pulse rates drop slightly, endorphins (chemicals that sup-press pain and help you to feel better) are released into our bodies, and T-cells (key fighters in our immune systems) increase.
4. Laughter is a universal language. Laughter is a unique human phenomenon that happens in every culture. It helps us to go beyond our cultural differences by emphasizing what we have in common.
5. Laughter promotes creativity and is conducive to learning. Chances are good that students will learn more from teachers who use laughter and humor, people who are able to laugh at themselves. Laughter breaks up the routine and can illustrate points. It also helps us to see life from a different perspective.
6. Laughter promotes communication. Think of laughter as a social lubricant. It connects, bonds, and builds rapport.
7. Laughter is an expression of auction. It's a way to love people by helping them to smile, laugh, experience a sense of connectedness, and feel better about themselves and about life.
8. Laughter is a reinforcer. Laughter can motivate and energize people.
9. Laughter is a coping mechanism. Laughter can help us to get through the tough times. As Bill Cosby says, "If you can find laughter in anything, you can survive it."
10. Laughter increases our rapport with others. This has professional implications. Compliance increases when we have established rapport with someone. For example, salespeople sell more, patients tend to comply more with health regimens, and students work harder in class.
Adopted in part from Stephen Saffron on How to Teach a Humor and Play Class.
by~Earl Nightingale - CleverQuotes.net
“Truth is, whether we like it or not, we’re bound to outgrow the concept of love overtime. It has to be renewed, and the only way to renew it is through our sensuality. So constantly upgrading your own sensuality is a must; it’s how you stay at the leading edge of your love life.”
“An enchanted life has many moments when the heart is overwhelmed with beauty and the imagination is electrified by some haunting quality in the world or by a spirit or voice speaking from deep within a thing, a place, or a person. Enchantment may be”
Henry Louis Mencken
We have learned to fly in the air like birds and swim the sea like fish, but we have not learned the simple art of living together as brothers. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. Calvin Trillin
Common sense is like deodorant, those who need it the most never use it.
Charles Dudley Warner, My Summer in a Garden, "What I Know about Gardening: Third Week," 1870
Tom Hanks, Sleepless In Seattle
Thich Nhat Hanh
All quotations on my CleverQuotes website remain the intellectual property of their respective originators. I do not assert any claim of copyright for individual quotations. All use of quotations is done under the fair use copyright principal.
But, logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect when taken in too large quantities.
Edward John Moreton
If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it. Olin Miller
What may be done at any time will be done at no time. Scottish Proverb
There's nothing to match curling up with a good book when there's a repair job to be done around the house. Joe Ryan
I've been looking over the list of spring chores I made up last fall, and darned if they aren't fall chores, after all. Robert Brault
The best way to get something done is to begin.
“I will always choose a lazy person to do a hard job, because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”
That you beat me at the mart, I have your hand to show:
If the skin were parchment, and the blows you gave were ink,
Your own handwriting would tell you what I think.
The world is governed more by appearance than realities so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it.
Quintus Tullius Cicero
Do you know someone that needs a little motivation? A little inspiration?
Please help them out by sharing this site.